This recipe has been developed by our dear friend Stephanie Wright (www.thewrightmethods.com).
Ingredients: Yields 10-15 balls
- 1 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup packed pitted dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh spirulina
- 2 tbsp matcha powder (optional)
- To a food processor, add coconut flakes, oats, hemp hearts, chia seeds, sesame seeds, dates and coconut oil. Pulse until a sticky dough is formed.
- Add fresh spirulina, half a teaspoon at a time, pulsing after each addition and tasting the mixture.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out the mixture and roll into balls using your hands. Transfer to a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- (Optional) After refrigerating for 30 minutes, roll your energy balls in some matcha powder.